Monday, July 22, 2013

Gluten free choco chip cookies

Yum, yum, yum..



Yum.... Every time I just imagine my choco-chip cookies I just drool all over. But recently I have been thinking about my kid which is diabetic and I don't now much about the gluten free subject but I have heard that its better for people specially if they are diabetic. So I started looking for info on how to make cookies for him.

One day I'm at Marshall's (my fave store by the way) and saw they had gluten free all purpose flour.  Read the box and it said to change one on one, in other words 1 cup of regular all purpose flour for 1 cup of gluten free flour. I said well that's not so hard so I bought a box to give it a try.

 And it happens that the next day I returned to buy all the rest of the boxes left, there were only 4 boxes left, so took them all. Love this flour its awesome.


These cookies came out marvelous. I wanted to share the recipe but you may use any recipe you have that you'd like to change.

Gluten free Chocolate chip cookies

1 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract, I use vanilla beans
2 eggs
4 cups Gluten free flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag Chocolate chips

Mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside. Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add vanilla extract and eggs, beat until light and fluffy.  Lower the speed on your beater and slowly stir in the flour mixture.  Mixture will be pretty heavy and thick. Stir in Chips. You may use right away or leave in the fridge for a 30 min period. I prefer to wait a bit I think they taste better after waiting.


 Prepare your pan with parchment paper, and spoon drop your batter on the pan. Bake at 350F for no more then 10 mins (if you like your cookies soft inside and crisp on the edges.


These came our a little puffier but with the same great taste as my regular ones. So I advise you to give them a try.  Please let me know your reaction to them.  If you have any question just leave a comment below.

Love Victoria


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just read the comment on my blog, thanks for reading me ;) levadura means baking podwer ;) Thanks! Ask me if you have any dought! :) See you!

    ReplyDelete